Why study at the University of Ottawa?
With more than 40,000 students originating from more than 150 countries, our University is a vibrant, cosmopolitan community that works, studies and celebrates in both English and French.
- World's largest bilingual university
- Students study in their choice of English, French or both, with the possibility of pursuing French immersion undergraduate programs
- One of Canada’s top 10 research universities
- Located in Ottawa, Canada’s capital city, less than 2,000 metres from Parliament Hill
- Students and faculty from about 150 countries
- Over 300 undergraduate programs and close to 160 graduate programs
- The fourth largest co-operative education program in Canada with a 98% placement rate.
Fact and figures
Founded in 1848
Total Enrolment: 40,000+
Undergraduate Enrolment: 34,000+
International Students: 2,200+ (5.6%)
More uOttawa facts and figures
Find out more:
In many ways, the campus today is a vibrant microcosm of Canada, reflecting the full spectrum of the modern Canadian mosaic in all its linguistic and cultural diversity. The University's 10 faculties, all offering graduate or professional programs, include:
- Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies
- Health Sciences
- Law (Common Law and Civil Law)
- Telfer School of Management
- Social Sciences
As one of Canada’s top 10 research universities the University of Ottawa is committed to research excellence. uOttawa is home to an impressive collection of internationally recognized laboratories, centres and institutes that have created a research-intensive environment which is not only conducive to academic excellence and discovery, but also enhances the quality of its educational programs at all levels. For more information please visit the Office of the Vice-President, Research.